The Permanente Plant is located on 900 acres just outside the city limits of the Cupertino, California. The original plant was built in 1939 (see History - 1940s) and the modern preheater system was installed in 1979 (see History - 1970s). The design capacity is 1.6M tonnes per year. Pictures and details for each area of the process can be found by following the links below:
Below are various views of the cement plant. Please click on the photos for an enlargement and caption.